De Re Militari is pleased to present reviews and notices of recent work on medieval military history, whether new books, journal articles, or scholarly appearances in media.
For any questions or more information on becoming a book reviewer for De Re Militari, please contact:
Craig M Nakashian
Book Review Editor, De Re Militari
7101 University Avenue
Texarkana, Texas 75503
(Note- the Book Review Editor would like to thank the College of Education and Liberal Arts at Texas A&M University-Texarkana for its continued support of the DRM book review process.)
- Beyond the Gates of Fire: New Perspectives on the Battle of Thermopylae, eds. Christopher Matthew and Matthew Trundle (Albright) May 23, 2016
- Muhlberger, Royal Jousts at the End of the Fourteenth Century & The Combat of the Thirty (Sposato) May 23, 2016
- Michael Livingston and Kelly DeVries, eds, The Battle of Crécy: A Casebook (Smith) May 18, 2016
- Richard Kaeuper, Kings, Knights and Bankers: The collected articles of Richard W. Kaeuper, ed. by Christopher Guyol (Muhlberger) May 13, 2016
- Hussein Fancy, The Mercenary Mediterranean: Sovereignty, Religion and Violence in the Medieval Crown of Aragon (Brian Ditcham) May 11, 2016
- Noel Fallows, The Twelve of England (Claussen) April 25, 2016
- Terry Breverton, Richard III: The King In The Car Park (Albright) April 25, 2016
- Steve Flanders, John de Courcy: Prince of Ulster (Albright) April 4, 2016
- Toni Mount, Dragon’s Blood & Willow Bark: The Mysteries of Medieval Medicine (Albright) March 24, 2016
- Timothy Venning, An Alternative History of Britain: The English Civil War (Jasmin Ditcham) February 2, 2016
- Sue Parrill and William B. Robison, The Tudors on Film and Television (Albright) January 29, 2016
- John France, Hattin (Donnachie) January 19, 2016
|Early Medieval||Crusades and the Military Orders|
|Late Medieval/Renaissance||Italy, Spain, & The Mediterranean|
|France and Low Countries||
|British Isles and the North Sea World||
|Eastern & Non-European||
|Full list of pre-2012 reviews: Alphabetical by Author
For more recent reviews, use the search function above right.
DRM Books Available for Review
Links here are to the publisher’s website for the book, if available.
- Environment, Society and the Black Death, ed. by Per Lagerås (Oxbow, 2016), 193 pp.
- Matthew Lewis, Medieval Britain in 100 Facts (Amberley, 2015), 192 pp.
- Desperta Ferro Antigua y Medieval n.º32: La Guerra de los Cien Años (Note- this is a popular magazine about the Middle Ages; Spanish reading ability required)
- Hospitaller Piety and Crusader Propaganda, eds. Theresa M. Vann and Donald J. Kagay (Ashgate, 2015), 394 pp.
- Terry Breverton, Richard III: The King in the Car Park (Amberley, 2015), 315 pp.
- Susan Curran, The English Friend, illustrated by Susan Curran and Mike Dixon (Lasse Press, 2007), 304pp. — Available to the reviewer as PDF or Kindle edition.
- Bob Carruthers (ed.), War in Ancient Greece, Military History from Primary Sources (Pen & Sword, 2013), 576pp.